Question with 4 notes
ohthati asked: Hey! Just wanted to congratulate you on your work, I'm a huge fan of Justified, currently running the blog wedugcoal. It's the best american show on the air! Also, I would like to ask how you guys feel about the fandom and things we, as fans, do: fanart, editing, fanfics, metas, all that. Once again, congrats!
Thanks so much for writing! Everyone on Justified is so very grateful for the fans, and a few of us are active on Twitter and social media — we’ve seen a lot of the great fan art, and have been so impressed… We’re not actually allowed to read Justified fanfic, for legal reasons (our ideas for our stories have to come from us), so we can’t read fiction about Justified, but we certainly do appreciate the enthusiasm out there… At any rate, again, thank so much for watching and being active fans… And thanks for letting me know about wedugcoal!
Post with 32 notes
10. Dave Andron and I wrote it. FYI: Andron wrote some of my favorite Justified episodes: Hatless and Reckoning.
9. Michael Dinner directed this, as well as many of Justified’s best episodes. FYI: He also was once a well-known musician. Google him if you’re curious.
8. One of the guest stars is Eric Roberts, who was nominated for an Academy Award for Runaway Train, blew everyone away in The Pope of Greenwich Village, and we also mentioned him in episode 412 during an exchange with Art and Raylan.
7. Two more guests stars: Wood and Steve Harris, who were introduced in 502, and who have acclaimed careers in films and TV, play brothers Jay and Roscoe, but are ACTUAL brothers, too. They acted like brothers on and off set, in and out of character. Steve Harris was in Awake, a show I wrote for before joining Justified. He played Bird, Michael’s partner in both worlds. Wood Harris was in The Wire, the best TV show *ever*, the show that made me want to switch from novels to TV. See if you can find a veiled nod to The Wire in this episode.
6. Andron thought it would be fun to give me a non-speaking cameo. This made me happy and stressed-out: writing and appearing on my favorite show, but not wanting to mess up the scene.
5. Muse Watson is in this episode, playing Elmont Swain. Muse has a scene with Walton that really affected me. Muse is a regular on NCIS. I hope his fans tune in. He has a lot of fans.
4. Hot Rod Dunham has an important role in this episode. We see some real depth to his character. FYI: Mickey Jones was a drummer for Bob Dylan.
2. Raylan, Boyd and Ava are confronted with the paths they’re heading toward. Hence, the title; it foreshadows the final run of the season.
1. Wait for Dewey’s final scene. It’s a doozy.
~~ BOYD CROWDER ~~
JUSTIFIED Poster Art by Francesco Francavilla
After another great episode of JUSTIFIED on FX last night, I had to draw our favorite bad boy BOYD, definitely as part of the success of the show as Raylan Givens.
Photo with 2 notes
#Regram from Michael Rapaport:
Photo with 1 note
One word in the script (“rain”) creates a complicated night shoot.
Page 1 of 12